By Vesi Maslenishka
Have you ever hand popcorn ice cream? Me either but the thought of Propercorn‘s Almond popcorn in an ice cream does sound tempting. Maybe because they’re my favourite flavour perhaps.
Anyway, the lovely people over at Propercorn have kindly shared their recipe so here it is…
Propercorn and banana ice cream made with peanut butter & almond Propercorn, served with fresh strawberry syrup.
Ingredients, serves 4:
6 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 can of coconut milk
2 x 20g packs of Propercorn peanut butter & almond
400g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
100g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
1. Lay the sliced banana on a baking tray and cover with cling film. Place in the freezer for at least an hour or overnight, if possible.
2. Slice the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds out. Place in a pan with the pod, strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a summer, stirring often.
3. Once the strawberries have softened, mash with a fork. If too dry, add some more water and cook for a further 5 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a bowl, using a spoon to get all the juice out. Return to the pan and simmer until it has a syrup consistency. Remove from the heat and keep warm or chill to thicken.
4. Using a food processor, blitz the Propercorn until fine, light and fluffy. Add the frozen banana pieces and coconut milk and whiz until smooth.
5. If you prefer a firmer texture, place in a container and return to the freezer until ready to eat.
6. Serve drizzled with the strawberry syrup and a handful of Propercorn.
Make sure it’s done Properly: Eat outside, come rain or shine for that proper summer feeling.