The only thing that is constant in a restaurant business is “change.” If you’ve been pondering a significant change for your restaurant, the new year is a great time to finally do it! We’re beginning a new decade, and a new decade calls for a fresh start. Here you will find some actionable tips to get a fresh start in 2020. Give some of them a try!
- Get trendy: If your restaurant has been looking dull in red and yellow for eternity, it’s time to give it a facelift! Try some bold colors, work on a new theme, or undertake a complete design overhaul. You can even work these new ideas about the décor into your restaurant’s menu to start fresh in 2020.
- Add a unique experience: From adding an interactive session with the chef to incorporating an exclusive tasting menu dinner, check out what these 11 restaurants are doing to make some fresh moves in 2020. Want to attract Gen Z to your restaurant? Then go gaga over adding different theatrics element to your restaurant. Gen Z is all about the experience, and they love it when you give them a dash of experience with their food. Add unique touches to visuals to create that “wow” moment.
- Improve your drive-thru headsets: Ensure your drive-thru orders are captured and processed accurately to give your customers a smooth experience so that they love coming back to you. Improve your drive-thru headsets for 2020 with an upgraded all-in-one communication system.
- Introduce a whole new cuisine: Fresh pasta and the live pasta counter are catching on all over the world. If you serve pasta but it’s been the same for years, take the pasta scene to a whole new level in your restaurant this year.
- Is your food Instagrammable? Being in the restaurant business for a long time, it’s no brainer that your food shouldn’t just be delectable, but presentable too. In the age of social media, if your food is not on Instagram, you’re missing out on a huge audience! Work on your food presentation and make it Instagrammable. This extends to plating and décor, too.
- Welcome your guests in a new way: 2020 means the beginning of a new decade—let’s welcome your guests in a new way! Drop the old script, and train your servers to welcome your guests as they would welcome guests in their own home. Make it genuine and warm.
- Train your servers on the menu: Train your servers to know what’s on the menu, what the house specialties are, and what goes well with a particular dish. If a guest is ordering a specific dish, let your server suggest what wine goes well with it. Specific recommendations are the order of the day.
2020: the Year of Creativity
2020 is going to be a year of innovation! Stop doing the same things and get with a new decade. Let the world see your creativity, not just in your food, but in your restaurant too. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and take some action!