Matcha can be used in so many ways, the lovely people at BLOOM have sent over some great healthy recipes.
- 1 packet green tea soba noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon BLOOM Mindpower Matcha
- 2 tablespoon edamame beans
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 2 small courgettes, julienned
- 1 fresh red chili
- lime wedges
- 400ml filtered water
- salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Ginger Sesame Sauce
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chilli flakes to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
2. Parboil the green tea soba noodles for 2 minutes in a pan on a medium heat, then drain and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix 400ml filtered water and 1/2 teaspoon BLOOM Mindpower Matcha and bath the noodles in the Matcha ‘bath’ for 15 minutes.
4. While the noodles soak in the Matcha bath, prepare your courgette noodles using either using a julienne tool or a spiralizer. Cut them into approximately 1/4 inch x 1 1/2 inch matchsticks pieces if you don’t have a julienne tool.
5. Once noodles have soaked, drain well, return to pot they cooked in, add courgette noodles, coriander, edamame beans and about 3/4 of the sauce and toss well. Top with the remaining sauce, plus a sprinkling of sesame seeds, freshly chopped chilli rings and salt and pepper to taste. Add as much lime juice as you like – this gives the dish an added ‘zing’!